Dear Prospective Parents,
Thank you for your interest in The Cottage Garden, a Waldorf Nursery Program. We hope you enjoy perusing our website, as it will give you a further peek into our program philosophy. We want families who feel comfortable with what we are offering. We intentionally run a small program, with sensitivity towards the needs of each child. We think of it as “slow childcare” and feel we provide a unique program that deeply respects each child, allows for free, self-initiated movement and offers lots of time for creative play both indoors and outside. We serve two healthy, hot, organic meals and one snack per day.
If after reading through all of our materials you would like your child to be considered for admission or to be officially put on our waiting list, please fill out your application and return it with your $25.00 application fee. Your application allows us a tiny glimpse into your family and what you are looking for. We hope this isn’t an obstacle for you.
Our admissions time line is as follows:
- Please fill out and return the application form along with your $25.00 application fee.
- You will then be invited to come for a visit with us. This is usually planned for within three weeks of receiving your application. This 30 – 45-minute meeting time takes place during evenings from 5:15 – 6:00 or on Friday or Saturday mornings. This is a chance for you to see our space, hear more about our program and ask your questions, and for us to spend a little time with you and your child. During the summer months we will find a mutually agreeable time.
- If you are applying for the coming year, 2019–2020, we hope to be able to let you know within two weeks of your visit if we have a space for you. You then have one week to reply, either way.
- If you accept the space offered, please choose your tuition rate, fill out and return your 2019-20 tuition form. A contract will be sent to you within two weeks.
- If you are applying for the following year, 2020–21, we will not be able to let you know if we have a space for you until the week of February 15, 2020. You then have one week to reply, either way.
- Your signed contract, along with your 10% non-refundable enrollment deposit and supply fee must be returned within two weeks of acceptance in order to hold your place. The balance of your tuition will be divided up equally between the months of July 1, through May 1, or the balance will be pro-rated.
- All forms to be filled out will be on the website, under the parent portal.
- A welcome packet, with more information will be available on the website in late August.
WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE BRING SLIPPERS AND NOTE THAT WE ARE A FRAGRANCE-FREE HOME
We look forward to meeting with you.