Interview Process as of April 2022
- We will be offering either a choice of an in person meeting, either in our home or in our back yard, or an initial Zoom meeting.
UNFORTUNATELY, AS OF MARCH 31, 2022, WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY NEW APPLICATIONS FOR THE COMING SCHOOL YEAR.
Dear Prospective Parents,
Thank you for your interest in The Cottage Garden, a Waldorf Nursery Program. We hope you enjoy perusing our website, as it will give you a further peek into our program philosophy. We want families who feel comfortable with what we are offering. We intentionally run a small program, with sensitivity towards the needs of each child. We think of it as “slow childcare” and feel we provide a unique program that deeply respects each child, allows for free, self-initiated movement and offers lots of time for creative play both indoors and outside. We serve two healthy, hot, organic meals and one snack per day.
If after reading through all of our materials you would like your child to be considered for admission or to be officially put on our waiting list, please fill out your application and return it with your $25.00 application fee. Your application allows us a tiny glimpse into your family and what you are looking for. We hope this isn’t an obstacle for you.
Our admissions timeline is as follows:
- Please fill out and return the application form along with your $25.00 application fee.
- You will then be invited to come for a visit with us, Zoom or in person. You will be able to see our space, hear more about our program and ask your questions, and for us to spend a little time with you and your child.
- 2022–2023: If you are applying for the year, 2022–23, we will not be able to let you know if we have a space for you until after May 10, 2022. You then have one week to reply, either way.
- If you accept the space offered, please choose your tuition rate, fill out and return your Tuition form. A contract will be sent to you within one week.
- Your signed contract, along with your 10% non-refundable enrollment deposit and supply fee must be returned within two weeks of acceptance in order to hold your place. The balance of your tuition will be divided up equally between the months of July 1, through May 1, or the balance will be pro-rated.
- All forms to be filled out will be on the website, under the Parent Portal.
- A welcome packet, with more information will be available on the website in late August.
WE ASK THAT YOU PLEASE BRING SLIPPERS AND NOTE THAT WE ARE A FRAGRANCE-FREE HOME
We look forward to meeting with you.